Jul 9, 2006

Open Office

Try this out!
Goto this site and download open office 2.0.
http://www.openoffice.org/
Its from SUN and they have created this Office program to fight with Microsoft Office, and its really nice. I think you can do your work with this softwarer, remember its free so dont worry to register online. I have created a word document and a powerpoint presentation using this Open Office and opened then in MS Office, an those 2 files opened and worked perfetly. So u can do all ur documents in this software and save in MS Office format. So no problem of others accessing that file. If I knew about this I would not buy MS Office. Anyway I have installed it too. Worth trying.
The cool things are you can run in many platforms, FREE and export any doc into PDF in a single click.

It might need some improvements in GUI, but we should use it and contribute to enhance this.

Lasantha

No comments: